Since most prospective home buyers begin their search online, we recognize how critical it is to make a great first impression through high quality photos of a clean, properly staged home.
In order for us to stay on schedule and deliver the highest quality photos possible to our clients, we rely not only on the sophistication of our top of the line camera equipment and editing software, but also the presentation and staging of the home itself.
Below is a list of tasks we ask be completed prior to the scheduled photo shoot to ensure we help showcase your home in the best light possible.
- Thoroughly clean whole house including vacuuming, mopping, dusting, polishing, etc.
- Turn all lights in the house ON, including the lamps
- If there are any lights burnt out, please replace
- Turn all ceiling fans OFF
- Open blinds
- Turn off all TVs
- Make all the beds, fluff pillows, check bed skirts
- Declutter all areas of house (shoes, toys, jackets, etc)
Exterior Part I
- Close garage doors
- Place vehicles in the garage or move them down the street
- Mow lawn, weed eat, trim trees/shrubs, rake leaves
- Sweep porch and sidewalks
- Remove all gardening tools, including hoses/sprinklers
Exterior Part II
- Clean any outdoor furniture of dirt/debris
- Move garbage cans out of sight
- Put away all children’s toys (balls, bikes, soccer goals, etc.)
- Hide pool supplies
- Turn on water features
Living Room/Family Room
- Remove stacks of magazines, remotes, papers, mail, etc.
- De-clutter fireplace and mantel
- Remove any kids toys/clutter
- Ensure all electronics are neatly placed and hide cords
- Ensure furniture is arranged properly
- Fluff any pillows
- Clear countertops off including food, mail, dish soap, knife blocks, etc. Leave 1 to 2 small appliances max
- Remove ALL items off refrigerator
- Hide garbage cans in pantry or closet
- Place all dishes in the dishwasher
- Clear countertops completely. No soap, toothbrushes, shavers, pictures, etc.
- Put toilet seats down
- Remove all items from shower/tub including soap, shampoo, kids toys, etc.
- Remove all dirty towels, leaving new freshly folded towels
- Remove floor mats
- Remove all items from dining table
- If available, set table as if you were hosting a nice dinner
- Remove high chairs
- If available, use fresh flowers or fresh fruit as a center piece
- Make bed, fluff pillows, adjust bed skirts
- Remove all personal items/clutter from nightstands, dressers, tables etc.
- Hide any cords or electronics in drawers
- Remove portable fans
- Organize master closet
- Clean under bed if visible
- Make bed, fluff pillows, adjust bed skirt
- Declutter all small items (shoes, jackets, toys etc.)
- Remove wall posters
- Remove diaper genies/trash cans
- Organize closet (if closet is a walk-in closet)
- Hide food and water bowls
- Vacuum pet hair throughout the entire house
- During photo shoot, please ensure pets are out of the way